O Escritório das Nações Unidas sobre Drogas e Crime ou Gabinete das Nações Unidas contra a Droga e o Crime é uma das agências especializadas da ONU criada em 1997
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) – is selecting a communication intern for activities foreseen to commence on 11 November 2019.
- The UNODC internship programme has as its purpose to expose selected young students to the work of the Organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of UNODC’s goals, principles and activities. The internship programme provides on-the-job training for the participants; and in exchange for this experience, the interns are expected to contribute to the activities of the unit to which they are assigned. Under the guidance and supervision of the responsible communication unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following activities:
- assist in the content management of UNODC’s website and Twitter;
- assist in the translation of documents and news articles from/to English or/and Spanish to/from Portuguese or/and Spanish, as well as press releases;
- gather news articles on themes of UNODC’s mandates;
- gather content, prepare and disseminate the daily press clippings;
- provide support in the organization of communication files;
- provide support in the organization of events;
- participate in events and meetings when required;
- assist in the management of press contacts; and
- perform other duties as required.
- Eligibility and criteria :
1. Eligibility to participate in the internship programme is open to persons who are currently enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) or who are in their final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or have graduated with a university degree (first university degree, or second university degree or equivalent, or higher) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
2. In order to qualify for this assignment within the internship programme, students should be pursuing a degree in Journalism or Communication major, International Relations or other related courses. They are also expected to have demonstrated a keen interest in the field of development
3- Advanced knowledge of English and Portuguese (written and spoken) is required.
4- Short-listed candidates may have to participate in a written assessment with questions in English, Portuguese and Spanish.
5- No remuneration of any kind is normally paid by UNODC to a person selected as an intern. Individuals are identified and their interest and qualifications are matched with job descriptions presented.
6- UNODC advises students to apply only if they have an interest in further developing their abilities in the activities herewith proposed.
7- The intern candidate is required to obtain at his/her own expense adequate health insurance and to acknowledge that the internship does not imply the possibility of employment by the Organization.
8- The duration of an internship varies according to the nature of the internship and the academic requirements of the student, but it can not be longer than six months and the minimum duration is two months on a full-time basis or four months on a part-time basis.
9- Candidates with permanent residence in Brasília (DF) will have priority in the selection process.
- Working hours: from 13:30 to 17:30
- Expected date of commencement: 11 November 2019
- UNODC address: SCS Quadra 2. Ed. Serra Dourada, salas 410-418 – Brasília, DF
- Please send your CV with Internship – Communication in the subject.