Site ACNUR, Agência da ONU para Refugiados
O Alto Comissariado das Nações Unidas para Refugiados (ACNUR) no Brasil seleciona Coordenador(a) de Captação de Recursos para Grandes Doadores (Backend) para trabalhar em seu escritório em Brasília. Candidatos(as) interessados(as) devem enviar e-mail para [email protected] até o dia 05 de abril de 2020, seguindo as orientações do Termo de Referência.
Para completar a candidatura, é preciso escrever uma carta de motivação e preencher o formulário Personal History Form, que devem ser enviados em inglês.
Por favor note que, desde o dia 1 de novembro de 2017, o formulário revisado Personal History Form deverá ser utilizado para todas as candidaturas ao ACNUR. Clique para acessar o novo formulário e anexo. As versões anteriores do formulário P. 11 não serão mais consideradas.
Established in December 1950, the UN Agency for Refugees (UNHCR, aka ACNUR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees. In more than five decades, UNHCR has helped more than 68 million people restart their lives. Today, UNCHR staff in more than 130 countries continue to help and protect millions of refugees, returnees, internally displaced and stateless people.
In Brazil, UNHCR has maintained an office since 1982. In 2014, the Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) program came into inception in Brazil and is based in Sao Paulo. With seven full-time fundraisers, the PSP office is set to meet ambitious results in 2019.
One of our key priorities is to accelerate the Private Partnerships and Philanthropy (PPH) programme as there is significant opportunity to raise more funds from foundations, corporations and major donors in Brazil. To achieve this goal, PSP is hiring an PPH Backend Associate who will support the donor acquisition activities led by the Assistant PSP Officer (PPH).
Reporting directly to the Assistant PSP Officer (PPH) in Brazil, we are seeking a dynamic, proactive and creative team player who will be responsible for setting up and managing a robust backend for the acquisition, cultivation and stewardship of corporate groups, foundations and high net-worth individuals (HNWI) against an ambitious target.
Based in Brasilia, the PPH Backend Associate will be a key actor in the coordination between PSP Brazil, PSP Global, PSP Regional offices, UNHCR Brazil Branch Office and Field Offices.
This position is key for the development of private sector fundraising for UNHCR in Brazil. National and International travel may be required.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
– Produce engaging acquisition materials that will be used to prospect news donors – Identify synergies and opportunities with other UNHCR teams, aligning planning and communication where there are intersection of duties
– Create an environment of respect, accountability, motivation and productivity – Alongside the Assistant PSP Officer (PPH), ensures that PPH income and expense is delivered as per the annual plan – Timely and qualitative setup of acquisition, cultivation and stewardship backend directly supporting the deployment of the PPH fundraising program – Timely implementation of acquisition, cultivation and stewardship events and activities – Database is kept regularly updated
– Liaise with the local UNHCR Brazil team and with Project Support Unit (PSU) team at HQ to keep abreast of UNHCR’s programs in Brazil and globally, the corresponding budgets, and the funding opportunities for private sector donors in Brazil and globally – Support in the creation and deployment of fundraising products (e.g. match giving for corporates, employee giving mechanism, etc) – Elaborate donor proposals – Produce donor reports (i.e. annual reports, project-specific reports, etc) – Conduct prospect research in order to regularly grow the prospect pipeline – Support in defining individual goals for each prospect account based on history of giving and knowledge of prospect´s potential – Support the organization of fundraising, stewardship and cultivation events – Elaborate stewardship plan, elaborate stewardship materials and implement stewardship cycle – Elaborate and manage process to identify potential major donors in the existing donor file – Elaborate and implement conversion cycle to upgrade potential major donors from existing donor file – Support in the elaboration of an achievable high-level vision and overall direction for the program – Support in developing corresponding mid and long term plans that align with the overall PPH strategy.
– Support the coordination among units which elaborate partnerships at the UNCHCR Brazil level – Manage donation earmarking and income recording – Elaborate a cultivation plan, produce cultivation materials, implement cultivation cycles – Manage benefits grid and ensure benefits are duly delivered to donors – Set up moves management and keep donor database regularly updated – Book prospection, cultivation and stewardship meetings – Manage donor contracts according to UNHCR’s standard operating processes – Manage relationship with vendors and consultants who support PPH efforts – Coach and mentor direct reports so they can grow and serve as capable and confident contributors.
– Experience with fundraising from corporations and other private sector donors (foundations and HNWIs) or managing PPH fundraising backend – Attention to details, high accuracy and result oriented – Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills as a team player
– Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of donor information – Able to work independently and under pressure – Proficiency in written and spoken English and Portuguese – Customer service oriented – Capacity to analyze data – Data-driven – Creatively seeks solutions – Interest in the humanitarian activities or international organizations
– Analytical Thinking – Planning and Organizing
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
– 6-10 years of relevant work experience with adv/training certificate.
– 2+ years cumulative experience in fundraising from corporations and other private sector donors (foundations and HNWIs) or managing PPH fundraising backend.
– Demonstrated ability to produce engaging communications materials which explain complex issues and present the organization and its diverse operations in an appealing and concise manner.
– Proven experience in producing fundraising events.
– Demonstrated knowledge of the Brazilian PPH market (corporate, foundations and HNWIs).
– Experience in prospect research.
– Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
– Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for projects and to complete them in a timely manner.
– Strong team player who also works well independently.
– Ability to use contact management database and to present and interpret data for monitoring purposes.
– Strong computer skills, using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook), GSuite (Google products), internet, databases and communications and social media tools.
– Excellent writing, translation and communication and presentation skills.
– Excellent English and Portuguese language skills.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
– Experience with donor file upgrade and middle/major donor programs.
– Demonstrated knowledge, understanding appreciation of diversity and social inclusion.
– Strong organizational abilities and ability to adapt to change.
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task at an intermediate level with strong attention to detail.
– Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to work with confidential information with discretion
Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and candidates not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.1
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your letter of motivation and signed Personal History Form to [email protected] by 5 April 2020, with the subject line “BRABR/2020/023 PPH Backend Associate, PSP”. Application files must be named with the candidate´s full name, e.g. “NAME, LAST NAME – PHF”.
No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
UNHCR encourages the application of indigenous persons, afro descendants, LGBTQIAP+, persons living with HIV/AIDS, and any other minority groups. All applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.